As we know very well, Netflix is an online platform where you can entertain movies, shows, videos, etc. Netflix basically a paid version means you have to take a subscription for this. Netflix is used by many users and the occurring problem is common for users to trouble. Here many errors and many causes also. Sometimes, due to network issue or hardware or software problem can cause the error. Sometimes, these issues show a particular Netflix error code or sometimes show only Netflix error.
Error codes easily justify the cause of the problem and also easy to fix but when error code doesn’t show then we have to find out the cause and then try to fix it.
Solutions to fix Netflix error code:-
Here are many troubleshooting steps to fix the Netflix error. So, follow the below-given troubleshooting steps:
Restart your device, router or modem including streaming device:-
- Turn off each device and unplug the power cord for a few moments.
- After wait for a while, plugin back all devices and turned it on.
- If any device has a standby or sleep mode then make sure to turn off.
- Now, restart your device and open the Netflix app to check error is fixed.
Make sure your internet supports streaming video:-
- If you are using WiFi of public place or an organization then you know very well their bandwidth is in limit means it provide low internet connectivity then it may possible that due to it Netflix shows you an error code.
- It may be possible that they don’t allow their internet connectivity for streaming video. So, for removing this error contact with that person if you don’t have control over router or modem to allow streaming video.
- Once they allow streaming video, open the Netflix app and check for error is fixed now.
Make sure your internet speed is enough to stream video:-
- If you are accessing a web browser on your device then try to access a website Netflix.com to verify your internet works properly.
- Now, check your internet connection speed.
- Netflix recommends a minimum of 5.0 Mbps for high definition video, 3.0 Mbps for standard definition video, and 0.5 Mbps to stream.
Disable VPN software/ proxy/ unblocker:-
- To ensure that these services and programs are not used to bypass region-locked content, Netflix blocks users who connect through the VPNs, Proxies or Unblocks.
- If you think that you are in that region where Netflix is allowed to use, but use connects it through VPN or proxy or unblocked then you have to disable it to stream video.
Use Netflix.com on your system:-
- If you are troubled with Netflix error code then try to use Netflix.com on your system to fix this issue.
- If the error still persists that means the problem is in the Netflix server, in that case, you have to wait for a while to fix this error itself.
- Use different internet connection or WiFi:-
- If you are sure that your internet connectivity is good enough to stream video but even you get this Netflix error, then it may be possible that the problem is in an internet network.
- If you are using WiFi then try to use an Ethernet cable.
- Or try to connect with different WiFi.
- Also, make sure that your device is no far with a router or modem.
- After connecting it properly, check to see the Netflix error code will be fixed now.
Here are some common Netflix error codes are mentioned with the solution:-
Netflix error code UI-800-3:-
This error code means a problem with your Netflix data on your device. It shows a pop-up message like: “Couldn’t connect to Netflix”.
Solutions:- First of all, try to refresh the Netflix data on your device by deleting the cache.
Sometimes, the Netflix app corrupted which clog the Netflix to work properly. So follow the steps to fix it:
- At first, restart your device.
- Sign out from Netflix and again sign-in back.
- Clear all cache and cookies of the Netflix app.
- Now, uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app.
- Now, you can see Netflix error code UI-800-3 will be fixed.
Netflix error code 100:-
This error shows you due to the Netflix app or due to stored data on your device. It shows you a pop-up message like: “Sorry we could not reach the Netflix server (-100)”
Solutions:- First of all refresh the Netflix data. This error generally occurs when you stream it on smart TV or Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Fire Stick. So, follow the below steps to fix this issue:
- At first, restart your device.
- If you have any available network then tries to connect with it.
- Now, restore your Amazon Fire TVs default setting.
This error code means that there is a problem with your internet connectivity. It shows you a pop-up message like: “Netflix has encountered an error. Retrying in X seconds”
Solutions:- Always make sure that you are connected with the internet and if you use WiFi then try to improve the network connection or try to use an Ethernet cable.