The Apple TV is a streaming media player that is connected to your TV via HDMI port. Through Apple TV device, you can watch videos, listen to music, and play games on your TV through linked to an internet connection. If peoples are purchasing a new Apple TV device, then the first question that arises in their mind is “how to connect Apple TV to wifi” because it allows you to connect with a wireless internet network.
If you are wondering about “how to connect Apple TV to wifi”, then no need to bother we are providing you the procedure to do it in this blog.
Procedure to connect Apple TV to wifi without remote:
Here we are providing you the answer in the form of steps of the question “how to connect Apple TV to wifi” without using the Apple TV remote. You need to follow the steps given below to proceed with this procedure:
- Firstly, you need to connect your Apple TV to the TV you usually used by plugging the power cord of the Apple TV to the TV’s HDMI port.
- Now, you have to connect an Ethernet cable to your Apple TV and your Modem.
- Then, your Apple TV will automatically connect to the internet connection or wifi network.
- After that, you need to go to the App Store on your iPhone and type “App Remote” in the search bar of the App Store.
- Now, tap on the “App Remote” application and then tap on the “Install” button in order to install it on your iPhone.
- Next, select the “Remotes” option and then choose the “Use App remote” option from the App Remote application.
- Now, you need to click on the “Menu” and then go to the “Settings”.
- After that, you have to enter your network information like Network name and password in the fields that appeared on your iPhone’s screen.
- In the end, you can take the Ethernet cable out from your device, and now you can control your TV through the TV remote application.
Procedure to use Apple TV without Remote:
I know that now you get the answer to the question “How to connect Apple TV to wifi” without a remote. And, now you want to know about “how to use Apple TV without remote”. Then we are here to provide you the steps to do it. You need to follow the steps given below to use your Apple TV without remote:
- After set up is done successfully. You need to download and install the “App Remote” application first on your iPhone through the App Store.
- Now, turn off your iPhone’s wifi and cellular data
- Then, plug your iPhone to your Mac device.
- After that, you need to connect your Apple TV’s cable to your TV’s HDMI port.
- Next, you have to connect your Apple TV to your Mac device through the USB cable.
- Turn on your Apple TV device and then open the “Preferences” on your TV.
- Now, navigate to the “Sharing” option and then set the “Share your connection from” to “Wi-Fi”. That appeared under the “Internet Sharing” section.
- After that, you need to check the boxes of the options named “Thunderbolt Ethernet” and “iPhone USB”. That shows in the drop-down menu of the “To computers using” section.
- Now, you have to click on the “Internet Sharing” option that presents at the left panel and under the “Services” section.
Some More Steps to Use your Apple TV without Remote:
- Make sure that you access the internet connection on your iPhone through your Mac device. And, then launch the Apple TV Remote App on your iPhone.
- Now, you can see that Apple TV is shown on your “App Remote” application.
- Go ahead and tap on the Apple TV that shown on your App remote ap. And, then enter the PIN that available on your TV screen.
- After that, you need to add your Mac device as Bluetooth device, and to do it, follow this path: Settings > General > Bluetooth and Devices.
- Now, you have to install the application named “Typeeto” on your Mac device. Which you can control your Apple TV. Typeeto application provides you a keyboard and works to control your Apple TV.
- Now, you can control your Apple TV through the App remote that installed on your iPhone. And, through Typeeto application installed on your Mac device.
- Finally, you can take out the wire connection, and you don’t need any wire connection.
In this blog, we have discussed the answer to the questions “how to connect Apple TV to wifi” and “How to use Apple TV without remote”. If you still have any queries related to this article. Then you can call us without hesitation through our website or the number provided on our site; our experts answer your questions.