Google home is a device that is used as a speaker developed by Google. Google Home devices are designed to follow the voice commands of the users. These devices interact with the users through voice commands. Users can make phone calls, playing music, and many more things by giving the voice commands to the google home devices. But many users have reported that they are facing the issue “google home not responding” when they are trying to accessing it through their voice. This issue has occurred due to many reasons, and some reasons are as follows: bad internet connection, outdated google home app, and incorrect location.
If you are suffering from the google home not responding issue, then you are visited at the right place. Here we are providing you the possible solutions to fix this issue. You have to apply the methods that are given below until you resolved the issue.
Ways to fix the issue “Google home not responding”:
There are some methods are given below to fix the issue google home stop working:
Reboot the google home device:
Manu users have reported that they fix the issue google home not working through rebooting their google home device; that’s why we are suggesting this method.
To reboot the google home device, go through the steps that are given below:
- First of all, you need to download and install the google home app on your smartphone.
- Now, launch the google home app on your device and then select the “Devices” option that appeared at the top of the google home app page.
- Next, you have to select the “Home device” option and then tap on the hamburger menu (the three dots) present at the right side.
- Go ahead and select the “Settings” option and then tap on the “More” menu option.
- In the end, you need to select the “Reboot” option.
Update the google home app:
Google home not responding issue might occur due to an outdated version of the google home app. It is possible that you are using an outdated version of the google home application and facing the issues with it. So, we are suggesting you update your google home app to the latest version in order to fix the issues that occurred on your google home.
Here are the steps to update your Google Home app:
- Firstly, open the google home app on your device.
- Now, you need to select the “More settings” option that available at the right side of the google home app home page.
- After that, select the google account settings menu and then tap on the “Update” option in order to update the google home app.
Now, check if google home not working issue is still there. If not, then try the next solutions that are given below.
Set the address information correctly:
If you have set your address wrong on your home app, then your google home device did not work properly and showing you error. So, we recommend you to type the address correctly.
To do it, you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- First of all, you need to open the google home app on your device like phone or PC.
- Now, you supposed to select your google home device.
- Next, tap on the “Settings” icon that appeared at the upper right corner of the google home app page.
- After that, you need to tap on the “Set address” option and then enter the right address in the space provided to you.
- Again, tap on the “Set address” button to save the address you entered previously.
Set the location:
It is possible that you did not set your location or set the location incorrectly, and due to that you may face the issue “google home not responding”. So, you need to set the location correctly on your google home application.
Here is how to do it:
- At first, you have to open the google home app on your device and then tap on the “Account” icon that available at the bottom right corner of the google home app page.
- Now, select the “Settings” option and then you need to tap on the home or work option to enter your location.
- After that, you have to enter your location and then tap on the “OK” button to save the location you have entered recently.
Factory reset google home:
Factory resetting any application sets everything to default state. This process will make Google Home afresh like you installed it.
To factory reset the google home, you have to go with the steps that given below:
- At first, you need to press and hold the “Factory reset” button. That presents at the bottom of your google home device.
- Then, your device starts resetting and you need to continue to hold the button. Until you hear the sound which says “Resetting”.
In this article, we are telling you the possible solutions to fix the issue “google home not responding”. I hope, this article helpful to you. If you still have any queries related to this blog. Then, you can call us through our website or the number provided on our site to talk to our experts.