Netgear is a company that provides you router device by which you can access the internet connection. The main purpose of the Netgear router is to share the same internet connection between multiple devices. It also monitors the network usage and sends email alarms when unusual things happen. Let me tell you, Netgear router is not an ISP (Internet service provider), it just provides you the internet connection that you have purchased. Many users reported that they ate facing the issue “Netgear router not working” when trying to access the internet connection on their devices likes computers, tablets, and mobile phones. If you are facing the same issue, then you don’t need to bother; we are here providing you the solutions to fix that issue in this content.
Techniques or methods to fix the issue “Netgear router not working”:
In this blog, we are providing the possible solutions to fix the problem “Netgear wifi not working”, and the solutions are given below:
Check the cable connection:
Before assuming that your router is faulty, you need to check the cable connection. It is possible that you have not set up the wired connection correctly; that’s why your Netgear router not working. So, you need to check the wire or cable connection, and if it is found loose, then set the cable connection again.
Update Mac cloning:
This method is provided for only Apple devices users. Mac cloning is a method that is used some ISP don’t want you to have a router connected. In short, mac cloning is responsible for authenticating the services. It is possible that your router can’t able to catch the address of your Mac device because it is not updated. So, we suggest you update the Mac cloning on your device to resolve the internet related issue you have faced.
To perform this method, you need to go with the steps that are given below:
- First of all, you need to connect your computer with an internet connection.
- Then, launch the browser on your device and then enter the “net” address in the address bar of the browser.
- After that, you need to hit the “Enter” key on your keyboard to launch the login page of the Netgear router on your system.
- Now, you have to log in to the Netgear router setup page by entering your credentials.
- Next, click on the “Advanced” option and then click on the “Setup and Internet status” option.
- In the end, you have to click on the option titled “use computer Mac address”.
Update the router firmware:
Router firmware is the software that pre-installed on your router. The router firmware manages the control of the routing protocols, administrative features, and the security mechanism of your router.
So, it is possible that you are facing the issue “Netgear router not working” because you have not updated the router firmware. So, you need to update the router’s firmware to solve the issues you have faced with your Netgear router.
Go through the steps that given below to update the router firmware:
- Firstly, you need to launch the browser on your device and then enter the http://www.routerlogin.net. website in the address bar of the browser.
- Now, hit the Enter key to open the Netgear router login page.
- After that, you need to enter the username in the admin field and password in the password field.
- Next, click on the “Settings” option and then select the “Advanced” option.
- Next, click on the “Administration” option and then select the “Firmware Update” or “Router Update” button.
- After that, click on the “Check” button and finally click on the “Yes” button to download and install the updates.
Factory restores the Netgear Router:
The main purpose of the factory reset is to delete all the settings of your router including your user name, password, Wi-Fi network name (SSID), and the security settings. This method is important when you can’t be able to recover the password of your Netgear router.
To do it, go through the steps given below:
- At first, you need to press and hold the “Reset” button of your router for 1 minute.
- After that, your router factory reset itself and then you need to restart it by pressing and holding the power button.
- Now, you need to setup the Netgear router
These above solutions work to fix the issue “Netgear router not working”. If you have still faced any problem while applying the above solutions, then you can call us to talk to our experts through our website or the number provided on our site. Our experts help you to resolve the problem you faced while applying the solutions.