Games have always been preferred by people of all age groups. As the internet grew, playing games became even more exciting. While playing Online Games, you can join groups and chat amidst the game. There are numerous gaming consoles available today. Nintendo is one of the most popular gaming consoles today. Nintendo gives tough competition to the other consoles. But the facts mentioned above don’t make this platform free from faults. There are always some issues that are associated with Nintendo. Recently most of the online forums were flooding with questions regarding Wii error code 51330. If you are one such use the same issue, this article is for you. Here, we will talk about several reasons behind this issue and the respective solutions.
Reasons behind this issue:
- If there is something wrong with the Firewall Settings, you may encounter this issue.
- When you have entered the wrong credential for the wireless network that you are using, you can face Wii error code 51330.
Solutions to this problem:
There are many solutions that you may try to get rid of the Wii error code 51330. We are mentioning many steps and let us see which option works for you.
1. Double-check your Wi-Fi password:
- This is the first thing that you should check whenever you are facing issues with any online services. You should check the password that you have entered on your Wii to connect with the internet. Even if you are sure that you have entered the right password, you should double-check every character and numerals of your password. Anything unnecessary will stop your access to the internet, and you will face the Wii error code 51330.
- See if you are facing the same issue after you have checked the password. If your problem persists, go ahead and try the next fix we have mentioned below.
2. Turn OFF firewall protection on your device:
- A firewall controls the services that you can access. That is needed to ensure the security of your system. Sometimes the services that we want to use are also stopped by the Firewall. You can get the Wii error code 51330 if your Firewall is enabled. Fix this issue by disabling the Firewall. If your problem is still there, try the next solution we have mentioned below.
3. Check the Modifications that you have done in your Wi-Fi settings:
- Many users change the settings on their Wi-Fi router and forget to make the same changes on their Nintendo. That becomes a reason for Wii error code 52330. Check if you have made any changes to your Wi-Fi settings recently, make sure that you have made the same changes on your Nintendo too. Check the following settings regarding your MAC filtering:
- If you have enabled MAC filtering then put your system’s MAC address in the allowed list.
- In case, you find any difficulty in adding the MAC address in the allowed list, simply disable this feature.
4. Power Cycle your Modem:
There are times when something goes wrong with the configuration of your modem, you may get the Wii error code 51330. Solve this issue by power cycling your router and modem. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Unplug your router and modem from the power outlet.
- Wait for at least 1-2 minutes before you plug these things back to the power outlet.
- At first, plug in your Modem and wait until it initializes. After the Modem has initialized, plug your Router.
- Try accessing the internet again.
5. Set your DNS and IP address manually:
This is an option worth trying if you have not solved your Wii error code 51330 Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- Open the Wii menu and then click on System Settings.
- Choose the internet using the left key and then press A.
- Click on the option Connect to the internet.
- On the top-right corner of the screen, click on the option Connections.
- Then a list of options will open on the screen, select the internet connection that you have to use.
- Click on the option Change Settings.
- On the right, there is an arrow. Tap on it and then select IP Address.
- Now, click on the option Don’t Auto Obtain and type the following in the specified fields.
- Type the IP address of your PC. (10 should be added to the last number of your IP address. e.g. if your IP is 342.4.5 then you should enter 233.342.4.15)
- Enter the same subnet mast gateway that appears in your network settings.
- Click on Confirm to save these changes.
- Now, you will get a message asking you to configure the DNS Click on Configure.
- Click on the option Don’t Auto Obtain and then type the following information:
- In Primary DNS, type 8.8.8 and click OK.
- In Secondary DNS, type 8.4.4 and tap on OK.
- Tap on the Confirm button then, click on Save.
After completion of this process, click on the option Connection Test to test your connection. If your connection was successful, you will get a message about it. Click on OK to complete this process.
6. If you were unable to perform manual configuration, here is what to do:
Many users have reported facing difficulty while manually configuring their IP. You can fix this issue by typing a command in the command prompt of Windows. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Click on Start then on All Programs.
- From the list of options, click on Accessories then, click on Command Prompt.
- Once you have opened the command prompt, type the following command:
In this blog, we have mentioned many possible ways to solve your Wii error code 51330. If your issue still persists, you can contact us through our website. You can also call us on our toll-free number. We have a team of experts to deal with many issues related to electronic media. We specialize in dealing with issues related to Games. Feel free to connect with us any time as we are available 24X7 to help you out.