iCloud is an excellent service provided by Apple. This is a cloud-based service used to store data. Users sync the data stored on their phones to avoid data loss. In 2014, Apple announced a new application named as Photos. This application is designed such that you can use Photos to store all your photos in the iCloud. If you are one such user wondering about how to get photos onto icloud, this article is for you. Here, we will talk about all the steps involved in uploading your photos on iCloud.
Before uploading your photos on iCloud, you need to turn ON the iCloud Photo Library on your phone. This feature is available only on iOS 8.1 and the later versions. You can do this by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Settings on your iPhone and then tap on iCloud.
- From the new page, click on the option Photos.
- Tap on the toggle button next to the option iCloud Photo Library to enable it.
- In case, you have synced photos to you iCloud account from iTunes then, all those photos will be deleted. You will be notified about it while making these changes.
- For uploading photos from several devices to this iCloud account, you need to do the same thing as mentioned above with all your devices.
- Your Device will start uploading photos only when it is connected to a Wi-Fi network. Apple has designed the devices to do so for minimizing data usage.
- Now that you know how to get photos onto iCloud, it is time to know more about the features of iCloud for storing pictures. Keep the following points in your mind:
- You can choose from two options to handle your pictures on icloud. These options are Optimize iPhone/iPad storage or Download and Keep Originals.
- If you choose the first option, i.e. Optimize iPhone/iPad storage then, the original photos (raw photos with full resolution) will be stored on the iCloud. Your phone will have the same photos with reduced size.
- In case you choose the second option, i.e. Download and keep Originals then, your phone will store the raw pictures same as the iCloud.
Now you have got all your pictures from the phone to the iCloud. You can view those photos by going to icloud.com and then sign in. After that, click on the Photos folder to see the photos that have been uploaded there from your phone.
Some additional features of the iCloud.com you should know after you have got answer of how to get photos onto iCloud.
- While viewing photos on your iCloud, you can mark a photo as favourite by clicking on the Heart icon. This icon is available at the upper portion of the screen. Then, a new album will be created that will store all your favourite images.
- One thing you should always keep in mind that all the actions that you perform on iCloud will be done for the photos stored on your phone as well. The photo that you mark as favourite on iCloud will also be marked as favourite on your device too.
- If you delete a photo from your iCloud account then, this photo will be removed from your device too.
You can easily upload your photos on iCloud from your phone, it is time for you to know how to get photos onto iCloud using your PC. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Log in to the iCloud account no which you have to upload the pictures.
- Select the Folder named Photos.
- After you have selected Photos on your iCloud account, click on the upload (it is a grey button that is available at the top-right corner of the screen)
- Select the photos that you want to upload.
- Then, click on the Upload (it is a blue coloured button that is available at the lower-right corner of the screen).
Apple provides limited storage for files on the iCloud. But you can increase this amount by opting for paid plans by Apple.
In this blog, we tried to give you every possible answer to your question of how to get photos onto iCloud. If you are facing difficulties while doing so, you may contact us through our website. You can also call us on our toll-free number. Thanks to our team of experts who can solve all your issues related to PCs and Phones. We uniquely deal with issues related to online interactions.
Contact Information: –