Linksys Wi-Fi extenders are the networking devices designed to tackle the issue of the dead spots presents on your network. This network device mainly used to amplify the Wi-Fi signal comes from your router or the access point. If you purchase a newly Linksys extender device, then the first question that arises on your mind is “How to do Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup”. If you are wondering about the same question, then you have visited the right place. In this blog, we are providing you the possible methods to set up a Linksys Wi-Fi extender device.
Methods to Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup:
There are some possible methods are given to set up a Linksys extender:
Users are allowed to set up the Linksys extender manually and to perform the manual operation, users have to follow the steps that are given below:
- First of all, you have to connect your laptop or PC to the Linksys extender through an ethernet cable.
- Now, you need to plug in your Linksys extender to the power supply board in order to turn it ON.
- Next, launch the web browser on your device like laptops or PCs and then enter the “linksys.com” website in the address bar of the web browser.
- After that, hit the Enter key to open the login page of the Linksys extender on your device.
- Go ahead and enter your default credentials to log in and then you need to enter the network name of your router.
- After that, you have to click on the “Manual” option and then turn off your Linksys extender for some time.
- In the end, turn ON your Linksys extender properly.
If you can’t understand that how to setup a Linksys extender device, then try the next method that are given in this content.
WPS method for Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup:
WPS stand for Wi-Fi Protected Setup and it is a wireless network security standard. By the WPS method, users allowed to make connection between a router and wireless devices. WPS works only for the wireless devices.
To perform this method, go through the steps that given below:
- First of all, connect your Linksys range extender into the power/ electrical outlet to turn on it.
- Then, you need to launch the web browser on your device and enter the http://extender.linksys.com website in the address bar of the web browser.
- After that, you need to log in into the setup page and then select the option named “Wireless”.
- Next, click on the “Basic Wireless Settings” option and then you will be asked to select among the options: Manual method or WPS method.
- Go ahead and click on the option named “WPS method”.
- Now, you have to press the WPS button and then click on the image that appeared on the right side of your device’s screen.
Configure the Linksys Wi-Fi extender range device settings:
To configure your Linksys device correctly, you have to go through the steps that given below:
- Firstly, you need to power on your Linksys extender device and then launch the web browser.
- Now, you have to navigate to the Linksys extender setup page by entering the official website of Linksys in the address bar of the web browser.
- Next, you need to go ahead and enter the credentials like user ID and password and then hit the “Login” button.
- After that, click on the option named “Basic Settings” and then find the “Extended Wireless Settings”.
- Now, you have to fill in the name of your preferred wireless network and
- Next, you can change the settings like SSID broadcast, channel width, security mode and lot more that appeared under the “Advanced Settings” section.
- In the end, you have to click on the “Save” button to save the changes you have made recently.
In this blog, we have discussed the methods of “How to Linksys Wi-Fi extender setup”. If you still can’t able to do it or you have any queries. Then, you can call us through our website or the number provided on our website without any hesitation. We have a team of experts; they help you to resolve the issue you have faced while applying the above methods.