iPhone won’t turn on – My iPhone won’t turn on
iPhone are considered as one of the most versatile devices of this era. But no technology can be completely free from faults. Many users of the iPhone have reported their iPhone wont turn on issue. This issue generally happens when you press the power button to turn ON your PC, you will not see any response from your iPhone. If you are one of the users saying “my iPhone wont turn on” issue, you are at the right place. Here we will be discussing the ways to help you reboot your iPhone. And we are sure that your iPhone will reboot if there is no hardware problem in your iPhone. Go through the steps mentioned below carefully to resolve your issue.
Charge your iPhone and wait for some time:
- The most common reason behind this issue is the dead battery of your iPhone. You get the low battery notification when some charge is left on your computer. But when your battery is completely dead, you will not get any notification. In this case, your phone will not respond at all. There is a simple solution to this, plug your phone to the charger. If your phone is not responding immediately, don’t worry. Wait for some time (for approx. 15 minutes).After your battery is charged up to the required level, reboot your phone and let us see if your problem is resolved.
Perform Hard Reset on your iPhone:
- Performing a hard reset on your iPhone turns ON your iPhone forcibly. There are two ways you can hard reset your iPhone. In case you have an iPhone 8 and newer versions that don’t have do not have the Home button, follow the steps mentioned below to get rid of your iPhone won’t turn on issue:
- Press and release the volume up
- Just after releasing the volume up button, quickly press and release the volume down
- Now, press and hold the power button. (hold it for at least more than 10 seconds)
- Then, the Apple logo will appear on the screen. In case, the Apple logo doesn’t appear on the screen, repeat the same process.
- For the older versions of the iPhone, steps will differ as they have the Home button. Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Press and hold the power and home button together for some time.
- Do it for at least 20 seconds then, you will see the Apple logo on the screen.
- If you have iPhone 7, press and hold the power and the volume down button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Restore the Operating System on your iPhone:
- When you are not able to fix your iPhone with black screen by trying all the above fixes, you can restore the Operating System on your iPhone. You can restore the OS on your iPhone by following the steps mentioned below:
- When you see something other than the Apple logo on your Screen, plug your iPhone to a PC that has iTunes installed on it.
- After the PC has detected your iPhone, you will see message on your PC saying iTunes has detected a device in recovery mode. Then, iTunes will tell you that the there is a problem with your device and it needs to be restored or updated.
- Follow the further instructions to restore the OS on your iPhone.
Note: Doing this will delete all the data stored on your iPhone. To avoid the data loss in such case, you should sync your data to i Cloud.
In this article, we have discussed in detail about the ways you can solve iPhone wont turn on issue. In case, you can’t solve this issue by following the instructions mentioned above, feel free to contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have a team of experts to solve all your issues related to PCs and phones.