How to schedule an Email in Gmail
To schedule an email in Gmail, you need to have a third-party add-on but now you can do it with the new feature of Gmail. This feature is going to help to schedule an Email in Gmail. This feature has a range of applications and is easy to use. you can schedule your work and personal messages. This will also help the users to remind about an event that is about to happen in near future.
How to schedule an email in Gmail?
Follow these steps to schedule an email in Gmail. You can follow this procedure in a desktop web browser.
- Compose an email, a new one that you want to schedule.
- Now look for the triangle icon next to the blue “Send” button.
- A list of suggestions will open now, select from one of the suggested times. You can also click on “Pick date & Time” in order to customize the time on which you exactly want the mail to go to the receiver.
- Click on “Schedule send” option.
The procedure is similar if you are using a Gmail’s mobile app. After composing a mail, click on the three dots present at the top-right corner of the screen. You will get an option to schedule a time now.
You can easily find the scheduled emails and cancel then without any trouble. A new Scheduled folder is there in desktop and mobile, click on the message in the folder and select “Cancel send” option present at the top right of the window. This will stop a message from being sent and send it right back to your drafts folder.
Method to send emails from different address
If you are having another email address, you can also send mail as that address also, by using following steps:
- Add an address that you own.
- From your computer, go to Gmail.
- At the top right, click on settings icon.
- Go to the “accounts and import” or accounts tab.
- From the “send mail as” section, go to “add another email address.”
- Type your name and the address you want to use to send an email.
- Click on “next step” and then “send verification.”
- If you have a school or workshop account, make sure you enter the SMTP server and the username and password for that account.
- Click on “add account.”
- To confirm the address, sign in to the account you have added.
- Now go to the confirmation message you have received from Gmail.
- Click on the link you have received.
- Now you have to change the “From” address.
- From the message, go to the “from” line.
- Select the address you want to send from.
You can also send from other address, just change both of your default “from” and “reply to” address. In case, you have changed “from” address, the replies will go to your original address by default.