There are many user use Windows 10 in their computer system. Windows 10 provides the user WiFi feature. By the use these feature the user can easily connect to the WiFi and use the internet on your computer system. But sometimes the users report that when they update the Windows 10 then their WiFi keeps disconnecting from the network.
Sometimes the main reason is WiFi Sense which is a advanced feature designed in Windows 10 to make it simple to connects to WiFi network. Because the WiFi Sense enables you to connect the open Wireless Hotspot automatically. If you are enabled WiFi Sense by default then you can turn off it and fix your problem.
These are the other cause why the WiFi keeps disconnecting Windows 10.
- Wireless drivers Corrupted or Outdated.
- Problem in Power Management.
- Home Network signed as public.
- Intel PROSet or Wireless connection Utility Conflict.
Method 1: – Mark your Home network as Private or Public
- First, you will click on WiFi icon on your home screen.
- Click on the connected WiFi network.
- Then, choose the properties option and click on it.
- When the properties setting will open then toggle slider to ON.
- If these steps are not working then go to Windows Search bar and type Homegroup.
- Now, click on Homegroup and then click on change network location option.
- Then, click on yes option to make this network to private.
- Now, find the WiFi icon on your system home screen and right click on its icon and select the Open Network and Internet Setting option.
- And you will verify network list and check your network is Private network or not.
- If yes, then close the Windows otherwise select private network and close the windows.
By the use these methods you can fix you issue WiFi keeps disconnecting Windows 10.
Method 2: – solve Power Management Problem
in some cases, the computer turn off certain features in order to protect power. One of these features may be network adapter or WiFi. In this step, we will be changing power management setting for best performance.
If you want to fix power management issue then you can follow these steps given below.
- Press Windows logo key + R key on your keyboard.
- The Run box will open then enter devmgmt.msc and press the Enter.
- Device Manager will open then find the Network Adapter option in the list menu then right click on it and select the properties.
- Click on the power management option and click on this “allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.
- Close the Device Manager.
- Then, press Windows logo key + I key when the setting will open then click on System option.
- After this, find the Power & Sleep option and click on it.
- Now, click on Additional Power Setting option.
- Click on change plan setting tab and choose plan which you use.
- Go to the top bottom side and click Change Advanced Power Setting option.
- Click on Wireless Adapter Setting then again click on Power Saving mode.
- Then, you will see two option, “On battery and Plugged in” change both to maximum performance.
- After this, click on Apply option and press OK button. Reboot your computer system to save change.
By the use these methods you can fix your issue WiFi keeps disconnecting Windows 10.
Method 3: – Disabling WiFi Sense
- Press Windows logo key + I key on your keyboard.
- When the setting will open then click on Network & Internet option.
- Under setting menu, you will find WiFi option and click on it and Disable everything under WiFi Sense in the right-side Windows.
- And disable Hotspot 2.0 network and paid WiFi services.
- Now, you will disconnect your WiFi connection and then reconnect to it.
By the use these methods you can disable WiFi Sense and fix your issue laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi Windows 10.
Method 4: – Automatic update the Wireless Driver
- Press the Windows logo key + R key on your keyboard and enter devmgmt.msc and click on OK button.
- Click on Network Adapters option and select update driver software.
- Then, select search automatic for update driver software option.
- And reboot your computer system to save changes.
By the use these methods you can update wireless driver automatically and fix your issue laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi windows 10.
Method 5: – Run Network Troubleshooter
- Find the WiFi icon on your home screen then right click on its icon.
- Now, you will click on Troubleshooting problems button.
- And follow the on-screen steps.
- Now press Windows Logo key + W key and type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
- Then, select Network & Internet option.
- Go to the Network Adapter option and click on it.
- Now, follow on screen instruction to solve this problem.
By the use these methods you can fix your issue laptop keeps disconnecting from WiFi Windows 10.